What Does a Dental Crown Do?
A dental crown is designed to provide protection and support for your natural tooth. Crown restorations act like a cover, bonding to a tooth that might have had a severe cavity, break, or root canal.
The dental crown, or “cap,” is custom-made to match the size and shape of your natural teeth. Crowns can also be made of porcelain if you want the crown to match in color.
Dental crowns are also used with dental implants to create the complete tooth replacement. Each of our crowns is permanently bonded to your remaining natural tooth and constructed for strength and stability, so you can chew and speak without worry.
What Will My Dental Crown Look Like?
Our dental crowns can be made of one of three materials:
- Porcelain – Our porcelain crowns can be made to match your natural tooth color, blending in with the rest of your smile.
- Gold Alloy – The gold alloy material is the strongest material we offer and takes the least amount of preparation.
- Porcelain Fused to Metal (PFM) – A unique combination of porcelain and metal, PFM provides the strength of the gold alloy with the beautiful look of the porcelain dental crown.
You can choose the crown that will best complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
There are a number of benefits associated with dental crowns. These benefits range from the way they affect your oral health to the way they can restore the look of your face.
- Preservation – Your teeth can sustain damage from decay or from physical injury, creating breaks or cracks in your tooth structure. Our team can save your natural tooth by cleaning out decay, bacteria, or infection, and placing a crown that can keep your tooth safe from further damage.
- Aesthetic – When we create a crown, we take an impression of your teeth to ensure great fit and functionality. Our quality porcelain can take on the color of your natural teeth, as well as the shape and size that you need. Porcelain crowns can blend into your smile, and other people will be hard-pressed to discover you’ve had any dental work done.
- Protection – Dental crowns can strengthen and restore your teeth, giving your smile the protection you need. The dental crown supplies a layer of protection that can keep decay and bacteria from spreading, keeping your smile beautiful and pain-free.
We are pleased to offer this restorative dentistry procedure to you, so you can have a full, flawless smile again.
Contact Us Today!
If you are interested in finding out more about our dental crowns or if you have any questions about our services, contact us today! Our team is happy to answer your questions or address any concerns you may have.